Re: 8139too.c patch for kernel 2.4.19

From: Manfred Spraul (manfred@colorfullife.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 12:15:18 EST

Vergoz Michael wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> What i see is the current driver _doesn't_ work on my realtek 8139C.
> With this one it work fine.

What you have send to the list is a huge change:

ShuChen Shao took the 0.9.15 driver and added 8139 C+ support to it. This will not go into the kernel, instead the kernel contains a new driver for the 8139C+ nic.
You took his driver and added additional changes to it.
Meanwile development continued in the kernel driver [version 0.9.25].

Now we must try to merge everything again. Unfortunately this means manually figuring out which of your changes are required and which back out bugfixes.

Could you try to shrink your patch down to the necessary changes?
- did the 8139c+ driver from ShuChen work?
- create a diff with just your changes.

And add some description about your problem.

--
	Manfred