Re: 8139too.c patch for kernel 2.4.19

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 13:14:00 EST

Vergoz Michael wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> The driver that i have post support realtek 8139A/B/C/D/C+ (already
> tested)
> and another dlink card (realtek based).
> On certain motherboard where the chip is integred you will perhaps
> have some
> troubles.

Would you be willing to work with Linux kernel developers to integrate
the useful changes in this driver into the kernel?

The driver you posted is my driver, version 0.9.15, which is an older
version of the kernel's driver and doesn't include many changes made
since then.

If you are seeing a problem, please describe in detail the problem so
that kernel developers may fix it in the current kernel's 8139too.c.

> The driver 8139cp.c can be removed to the source entry.

This is the preferred driver for the 8139C+ chip, as it included many
bug fixes and is much faster than the version from RealTek.

        Jeff