Re: RTL8139D support for 2.4?

From: Mike Dresser (mdresser_l@windsormachine.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 17:33:46 EST

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> this is a toughie... basically that is an invalid PCI ID that should
> not occur. the "00ec" should really be "10ec", but it sounds like there
> is a missing bit in the EEPROM where your card's PCI ID is stored.

I'll try another card, and get back to you, just in case it's a
partially fubar card.

> A better patch would add
>
> { 0x00ec, 0x8139, 0xa0a0, 0x0027, ... }

True true, until Aopen plays games with PCI ID's again :)

Never said i was a programmer :) More of a hacker in the traditional
sense. Nano is my hammer, all .c code is nails.

> > I left the D card in my workstation for now, I'll see how it handles the
> > nightly backup tonight, and if you want me to test things for 8139cp
>
> cool. no need to test 8139cp, it won't even load with your card, since
> it is not an 8139C+ chip.

Ok. I take it the C+ has functions that weren't carried over to D?

> > What IS pci-skeleton then?
> Example driver that other developers may base drivers off of...
Or feed to the Penguin. Hey, you said red herring :D

Mike