MAX_ARG_PAGES

From: Alan Willis (alan@cotse.net)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 20:22:24 EST

   Recently I had a user who needed to remove 17k files all at once and
received the message 'rm: Argument list too long'. In his case an rm
-rf on the directory itself solved his problem, but after a quick web
search, it seems that the value of MAX_ARG_PAGES in
include/linux/binfmts.h (32) is responsible for this limitation. Could
this value possibly be increased safely? I'm curious, is there some
other limitation that has been breached in the 2.5 series that would
make it safer to increase MAX_ARG_PAGES?

-alan