Re: [Q] is framebuffer console code in 2.5.4x functional ?

From: Andrey Panin (pazke@orbita1.ru)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 04:46:54 EST

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 06:11:34PM +0000, James Simmons wrote:

> > Framebuffer driver sets needed video mode (checked with monitor's osd)
> > and starts display dma engine successfuly (i can even draw lines on the
> > screen using memset()'s).
>
> So the driver is functional. I assume also a cat /dev/urandom > /dev/fb
> works as well.

Yes, it fills screen with fancy patterns.

> > But the beautifull linux logo doesn't apear and
>
> Fixed in the fbdev BK tree.
>
> > console doesn't show a single pixel.
>
> :-( Can you post your .config file.

Attached.

> > Simple(silly) questions:
> > - is 2.5.4x framebuffer console code really functional ?
>
> If the driver has been ported to the new api then yes it works. I did port
> the SGIVW driver some time ago bit didn't have the hardware to test it.

I did some changes to sgivwfb.c to make it compilable, patch attached.
Can you take a look at it ?

> I will be posting a new fbdev patch today against 2.5.48 today. Giev it a
> try.

Didn't see proposed fbdev patch yet :(

--
Andrey Panin            | Embedded systems software developer
pazke@orbita1.ru        | PGP key: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net