RE: AMD 760MPX dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }

From: Manish Lachwani (manish@Zambeel.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 14:13:27 EST

Yes, acoustic management can be reduced by writing a unix based utility that
will send the appropriate commands to the drive to reducd the acoustic
levels. The acoustic levels can be varied from 0x80 (quiet mode) to 0xfe
(performance mode). By moving the acoustic levels lower, we can reduce the
heat/power consumption ...

Thanks
Manish