Re: 2.5.48 and ALSA

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 02:01:57 EST

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:10:41PM +0100, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> > CONFIG_SND_DUMMY=y
>
> Remove this dummy driver, it does nothing.

Gah! I feel silly now. I had that when using modules so that things
would stop complaining about not having audio when I didn't want it on
(it usually brings down my laptop in a heap - instant off). Am trying
now with the new ALSA drivers and 2.5.x to see if they do thesame or
not. So far so good (ie no shutdowns). :)

BTW. Should having the Mic volume way-up result in a highly piched tone
being emitted from the speakers? I don't remember this ever being the
case before. (had this happen this morning when I turned the laptop on -
nice way to -really- wake up)

--
        All people are equal,
        But some are more equal then others.