Re: 2.5 kconfig doesn't handle "&& m" correctly

From: Adrian Bunk (bunk@fs.tum.de)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 08:24:59 EST

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:57:30PM +0100, Roman Zippel wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Roman,

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
> > config SOUND_WAVEFRONT
> > tristate "Full support for Turtle Beach WaveFront (Tropez Plus, Tropez, Maui) synth/soundcards"
> > depends on SOUND_OSS && m
> >
> > <-- snip -->
> >

> > It seems the "&& m" (a common way to ensure that something can only be
> > built modular) isn't handled correctly.
>
> Did you disable modules? When modules are disabled tristate symbols are

yes, this was with a .config without modules support.

> treated like booleans, that means they are visible if the dependencies are
> different than 'n'. For this it should be possible to automatically add
> '&& MODULES' if the parser sees a 'm'. I'll have to check this out.

My first thought is that this sounds like a workaround. Is there a good
reason not to restore the semantics of the old kconfig that interpreted
dependencies as a restriction of the input range?

> bye, Roman

cu
Adrian

--

"Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days. "Only a promise," Lao Er said. Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed