Re: Unsupported AGP-bridge on VIA VT8633

From: Stian Jordet (liste@jordet.nu)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 18:37:09 EST

fre, 2002-11-22 kl. 00:14 skrev Dave Jones:
> > > Because if it works, we can then add it to the ID table.
> > It works, i think. I get this message when I load it:
> > Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
> > agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M
> > agpgart: Trying generic Via routines for device id: 3091
> > agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xf8000000
>
> And it survives a 3d app / testgart run ?

Yes, it does. I have a Radeon 9700 Pro, and I have been running XFree86
cvs to get 2d support. This has worked perfect for me. But yesterday ATI
launched their binary drivers, and I wanted to give them a try. Then I
had to get agp working. And after I got your mail, I thought everything
was going just fine. Everything loaded fine, but the computer locked up
everytime something 3d appeared. At this time I wasn't sure what I
should blame. The driver, og the agpgart. So I found my old Radeon
All-in-Wonder, with good DRI-support, and now it works perfect :)

So to make a long story short (too late), the agpgart seems to work
perfect, altough my Radeon 9700 Pro didn't.

> > Thank you very much. I'm very sorry if this was a lame question.
>
> No problem. I'll add this ID to the pending patch I have
> for Linus to add various other GARTs.

Great! Thank you :)

Regards,
Stian Jordet

(Off to play more tuxracer before I switch cards again)