Re: keyboard and mouse lost in X

From: Murray J. Root (
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 02:31:10 EST

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 02:20:55AM -0500, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Murray J. Root wrote:
> > Mandrake's 2.4.20-0.3mdk kernel doesn't have this problem, and it is
> > based on 2.4.20-rc2. So - where would I start looking for the possible
> > differences that could be causing it in the 2.4.20-rc2/rc3? Mandrake
> > adds too many patches for me to just shoot in the dark.
> Try and backtrack from a working kernel till you find a kernel which
> doesn't work. Then you can check the diff between the non working and the
> last working kernel
2.4.20-pre8 is the last working one - and the diffs are huge. I was
hoping for a pointer to a module to look at - the whole thing is a bit

Murray J. Root
Mandrake on
  #mandrake & #mandrake-linux = help for newbies
  #mdk-cooker = Mandrake Cooker

- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to More majordomo info at Please read the FAQ at