2.5.47-mjb3 (scalability / NUMA patchset)

From: Martin J. Bligh (mbligh@aracnet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 19:30:42 EST

I've been maintaining a patchset for internal use on and off
for a while, and have decided to publish it externally. It's
based on 2.5.47 partly because I'm slow and boring, but also
because I don't particularly want anything from 49, and there's
some bleeding edge stuff in it I'd rather not cut myself on.

The patchset contains mainly scalability and NUMA stuff, and
anything else that stops things from irritating me. It's meant
to be pretty stable, not so much a testing ground for new stuff.
I'd be very interested in feedback from other people running
large SMP or NUMA boxes.

Next additions will probably be timer fixes, moving NUMA-Q to
subarch, Summit support, and shared pagetables.

http://www.aracnet.com/~fletch/linux/2.5.47/patch-2.5.47-mjb3

kgdb Various People
        The older version of kgdb, not the shiny new stuff in Andrew's tree.
        Yes, I'm boring and slow.

rcu_stats Dipankar Sarma
        Gives rcu statistics

dcache_rcu Dipankar Sarma
        Use read copy update locking for the directory entry cache

noearlyirq Martin Bligh
        Don't allow irqs on secondary cpus during IO-APIC init until __cpu_up
        Else your machine may go belly up on boot.

i386_topo Matt Dobson
        Some i386 topology cleanups to make it cache the data.

use_generic_topo Matt Dobson
        Something to do with tolopology that I forget.

numasched1 Erich Focht
        Numa scheduler general foundation work + pooling

numasched2 Michael Hohnbaum
        Numa scheduler lightweight initial load balancing.

local_pgdat Bill Irwin
        Move the pgdat structure into the remapped space with lmem_map

early_printk Dave Hansen et al.
        Allow printk before console_init

frameptr Martin Bligh
        Disable -fomit_frame_pointer