Re: 2.5.49-mm2

From: Rasmus Andersen (rasmus@jaquet.dk)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 15:01:53 EST

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 01:11:38AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

> url: http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/2.5/2.5.49/2.5.49-mm2/

I'm fairly sure this is not specific to -mm2 since it looks
at lot like my problem from plain 2.5.49
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103805691602076&w=2)
but -mm2 gave me some usable debug output:

Debug: Sleeping function called from illegal context at include/
linux/rwsem.h:66
Call Trace: __might_sleep+0x54/0x58
           sys_mprotect+0x97/0x22b
           syscall_call+0x7/0xb

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 4001360c

(I did not copy the rest but can reproduce at will.)

AFAICS, the fingered function is down_write at mprotect.c:262
but I fail to see why it is in a illegal context...

Hope this is useful for somebody. I am willing to test patches.

Regards,
  Rasmus