Re: Modules with list

From: Rusty Russell (rusty@rustcorp.com.au)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 18:53:32 EST

In message <200211280025.QAA07845@baldur.yggdrasil.com> you write:
> Rusty Russel wrote:

That's Russell 8)

> >Sorry, that's why I said "*If O_NONBLOCK* is specified" (ie. still
> >drop it for the --wait case).
>
> Oops! Sorry for misreading your message.
>
> Even though it was not responsive to what you described, I do
> hope you see my point about the problem with "rmmod --wait".

But's it's an absolute requirement, to make modules removable in some
circumstances, otherwise you end up being starved and the module
cannot be removed (security modules and netfilter modules strike me as
the obvious cases, but there are probably more).

Cheers!
Rusty.
PS. You're right, net/ipv4/ doesn't use skb->destructor.