Re: A Kernel Configuration Tale of Woe

From: Miles Bader (miles@lsi.nec.co.jp)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 05:21:05 EST

Andrew Walrond <andrew@walrond.org> writes:
> And remember that people posting here for maybe the first time are not
> aware of what has gone before, the unspoken rules and conventions.

Sure, but in general such first-time posters are pretty polite, or at
least, non-inflammatory, and as a result the responses are (usually)
fairly polite and helpful.

So while I sympathize with what you're saying, I find it pretty hard to
feel sorry for the original poster in this case.

[On a forum _intended_ for user support answers will be restrained and
polite no matter how boneheaded the request, but you really can't expect
every forum to be like that -- it's just not human nature.]

-Miles

--
Run away!  Run away!