[2.5.50] problems with framebuff and vesafb

From: Alberto Ornaghi (alor@iol.it)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 09:47:25 EST

If I enable the CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT option and the I pass the vga=791 thru
LILO, I cannot see any message while the kernel boots and while
running. the kernel is live, the only problem is that the video seems
turned off. (I can blindly log in the system and type a reboot)

I suppose this is a regression since my 2.4.20 is working fine with that
option and I can use my 1024x768 framebuffer console.

I have an S3 savage twister-K, and since there isn't a native driver for
it, I'm using the vesafb driver.

do you need more info ?

bye

There are only 10 types of people in this world...