Re: bincancels in linux.kernel

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 20:02:49 EST

Andrew Gierth wrote:
>the only reason I do it at all is because the alternative is to do
>nothing and watch the problem get worse.

        At this time, it sounds like the existing spam countermeasures
on the lkml mailing list work well enough that your bincancels were
doing more harm than good. That could change in future. At that
point, I suspect that the bincanelling would be done at the mailing
list. So, I'd say leave bincanceling of linux.kernel off and that'll
be the end of this issue (at least until someone specifically requests
otherwise).

Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 575 Oroville Road
adam@yggdrasil.com \ / Milpitas, California 95035
                         "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."