Re: Proposed ACPI Licensing change

From: Hans Reiser (reiser@namesys.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 18:44:24 EST

Thanks Linus. I don't think that I have any inherent moral right to
dual-license reiserfs, but it sure is pragmatic to do so, and the
courtesy of permitting me to do so is gratefully accepted from our
contributors.

A bit more than half of our income comes from the dual licensing, and
we'd not have survived to this date fiscally without it. If anyone on
the reiserfs team ever owns a Boxster;-) at sometime in the future, it
will be from dual-licensing to Apple, a storage appliance vendor, or the
like.

Hans