Re: status of HPT374 support in 2.4.20 and 2.5.50

From: jorg de jong (jorg@dejong.info)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 09:22:46 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 22:49, Andrew Morton wrote:
>
>>Well, you must have a card which is newer than the driver understands.
>>That's one for the IDE guys...
>

> My guess is he has a card whose timings we don't support. In that case
> we punt to avoid crashing later or data loss. Timings for that is one
> for Andre & HPT

Well it is about timing indeed. It turned out that as a result for
a quest for speed, some time ago, I left the pci bus running as 35Mhz.

As soon as I reset it to 33Mhz the attached drive was detected and
kernel panics dissapeard. (Redhat kernel 2.4.18..., 2.4.20-ac1. )
Other I have not tested.

thanks for your help

Jorg de Jong