Re: Why does C3 CPU downgrade in kernel 2.4.20?

From: Daniel Egger (degger@fhm.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 02:53:25 EST

Am Die, 2002-12-10 um 08.24 schrieb Dave Jones:

> Mine disagrees.

My bad, sorry. This conclusion came from a quick disassemble of a small
program I run on those boxes which indeed contain cmovs and I believed
that the boxes execercise the complete program but obviously not.

A quick check with a just written testprogram calculating some primes
revealed that -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 does *not* work...

--
Servus,
       Daniel