Re: Why does C3 CPU downgrade in kernel 2.4.20?

From: Daniel Egger (degger@fhm.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 14:39:38 EST

Am Die, 2002-12-10 um 17.51 schrieb Alan Cox:

> Well if you optimise for ppro it won't actually always work.

Yeah, I had to learn earlier that it seems to support certain
kind of cmovs but certainly not all of them and some other
instructions seem also to be missing.

> Also thescheduling seems to be best with 486.
> Remember the C3 is a single issue risc processor.

Do you have pointers to some optimisation manual or whatever?
gcc currently defines the c3 as 486+mmx+3dnow however I doubt
that this model is entirely correct and as such leaves some
space for improvements.