Re: Is this going to be true ?

From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen (hps@intermeta.de)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 18:57:10 EST

mru@users.sourceforge.net (=?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=) writes:

>> Competition is always good. It inpires people to do better.

>Doing better than MS isn't much of an inspiration to me.

There are no similar applications like the Exchange Server or the
BizTalk server for Linux. I'd see them port all of the server portions
of these applications to an *ix platform (be it MacOS X, *BSD or
Linux) in quite short time. The management GUIs and application
development tools will stay on Windows, however.

Basically the same thing, many other server platform vendors (Oracle,
InterSystems Cache are the ones I spontanously remember) do. You get 1
(one) Linux Server in the company running the server and be able to
keep 100 (one hundred) % of the desktops on Windows. Sounds like a
good deal for M$ to me.

        Regards
                Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 info@intermeta.de D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/