Re: procps 2.x vs. procps 3.x

From: Brandon Low (lostlogic@gentoo.org)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 21:09:44 EST

Well at Gentoo, we are kinda using both right now. We've noticed
some querkiness with the 3.x series where TOP will miss certain
characters in output, but the 3.x series is much prettier and
feature rich than the 2.x series. On the other hand, 2.x is
consistently more up to date with kernel changes since RML and Riel
maintain it and are intimately familiar with current kernel
development.

For the moment, we are on 2.x in stable and 3.x in unstable,
awaiting fixage for the minor querks of 3.x before switching up
to 3.x for the stable.

Hope that helps,

Brandon Low
Gentoo Linux Kernel Release Manager