Re: R: Kernel bug handling TCP_RTO_MAX?

From: Bogdan Costescu (bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 07:33:16 EST

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Andrew McGregor wrote:

> You're going to make lots of IETFer's really annoyed by suggesting that :-)

I hope not. That was the reason for allowing it to be tuned and for having
a default value equal to the existing one.

> In a closed network, why not have SOCK_STREAM map to something faster than
> TCP anyway?

Sure, just give me a protocol that:
- is reliable
- has low latency
- comes with the standard kernel
and I'll just use it. But you always get only 2 out ot 3...

--
Bogdan Costescu

IWR - Interdisziplinaeres Zentrum fuer Wissenschaftliches Rechnen Universitaet Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, GERMANY Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868 E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De