Re: 2.4.20-ac1 KT400 AGP support

From: Dave Jones (davej@codemonkey.org.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 11:36:01 EST

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:18:39AM +0100, BoehmeSilvio wrote:

> I don't need the AGP 8X mode, but is it possible,
> to get this setup running in whatever agp mode ?

You misunderstand. You have an AGP 3.0 bridge.
Various things are done differently to how they were in previous
revisions of the standard. For example, the aperture size is now
a 16 bit field (which is why people are getting that
"can't determine aperture size" error).

I'm working on merging the Intel patches posted here a while
ago, and bending the generic bits into something that *might*
work (I don't have a board to test -- I'll shout when I have
something I want people to test with), note that I'm doing this
for 2.5 however. 2.4 is going to have to wait.

> Currently it is only possible to start X with VESA support,
> because all other drivers need agpgart.

X should start, but you'll get no accelerated 3d.
None of the X drivers _need_ agpgart except for maybe the
i810 with shared memory.

                Dave