First Bug Found : RE: How to help new comers trying the v2.5x series kernels.

From: Sampson Fung (sampson@attglobal.net)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 15:35:10 EST

make defconfig compiled ok. modules are enabled, although only
"kernel/drivers/net/dummy.ko" exist.
It is bootable on my system in spite of P4 cpu selected in .config while
mine is a PIII.
And "lsmod" returns only the header row. (A good sing for me)

Here is my first problem: (This problem exist since v2.5.49, and up to
v2.5.52)
In will be talk about the following 4 lines below:

=============================

General setup --->
Loadable module support --->
Processor type and features --->
============================
1. I ssh into my box, terminal is ANSI, rows=25, columns=80
a. Just after "make menuconfig", what I get is:

The letter 'P' is actuall at Column 5
=============================

General setup --->
Loadable module support --->
Processor type and features --->
============================

b. Press <down arrow> once, what I get is:

The letter 'P' is actuall at Column 5
The letter 'C' and second 'G' is actuall at Column 15
=============================
                Code maturity level options --->
General seGeneral setup --->
Loadable module support --->
Processor type and features --->

c. If I kept pressing <down arrow>, the first letter of the current
title will be overlay to the column 15 of the current, for each line.

2. If I "make menuconfig" in Console, where terminal is "linux",
the "horizontal displacement" still occur but only at 2 columns to the
right hand side only.

3. The same problem for v2.4.20

Is this a know bug? Where should I search before posting here?

Sampson
A new comer to Kernel testing.