Re: [RFC] irq handling code consolidation (common part)

From: Miles Bader (miles@lsi.nec.co.jp)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 01:27:40 EST

"Andrey Panin" <pazke@orbita1.ru> writes:
> this patch moves some common parts of irq handling code to one place.
> Arch specific patches will follow. Patch for i386 is tested and performed
> well, but other arch specific patched are not. Please take a look.

Hmm, well it looks like it will work perfectly with the v850 (which
makes sense as it's mostly a copy of the i386 code).

What about request_irq/setup_irq? The majority of architectures use
exactly the same code as i386 for these; a few do not, so perhaps this
is a case where a HAVE_ARCH_... define could be used.

[setup_irq even has this comment:

   /* this was setup_x86_irq but it seems pretty generic */
   int setup_irq(unsigned int irq, struct irqaction * new)
]

-Miles

--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?