nForce2 chipset and agpgart: unsupported bridge?

From: Randy S. (hey_randy@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 16:21:37 EST

Hi folks,

  I recently acquired a motherboard with an NVidia nForce 2 chipset (more
specifically, its a Chaintech CT-7NJS). I have a Radeon 9700PRO video card
that I'm running in this machine. I've got integrated networking, sound,
XFree86, etc. working, but am having trouble getting 3D acceleration to
work.

   My kernel is 2.4.19. Agpgart does not appear to be able to detect the
nForce 2 chipset's bridge. There is no vendor entry for nvidia at all,
actually -- otherwise I might have gotten by with agp_try_unsupported=1.

   Has anyone written nForce2 support for agp? Is so, where can I find the
source? I found drivers for the nvidia IGP (which I don't have), but not
for agpgart itself at the nvidia site. If I find the source, I believe I'll
have to merge it manually since the 3D driver for Radeon 9700 (fglrx)
includes a modified agpgart_be.c.

    If this is not a new question, my apologies -- I couldn't find an answer
anywhere in the archives.

   Please CC me directly on any reply, as I'm not currently subscribed.

Thanks!
   Randy Sharo
   hey_randy@hotmail.com