DRM support causes undesired X behaviour

From: Paulo Andre' (fscked@netvisao.pt)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 10:40:11 EST

Hi,

First things first so merry christmas and a happy new year to you all.

So, I've got a Fujitsu E-7110 laptop with 512MB RAM and a P4 running at 2Ghz
with an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 and I've noticed that for every kernel I try
(be it 2.4.x or 2.5.x) enabling the DRM support (with the proper ATI Radeon
driver) causes X to lock hard when switching from console to X. The way to
reproduce this is to get into an X session, then using CTRL+ALT+Fn to switch to
some virtual console and when coming back to X with CTRL+ALT+F7 it shows X again
but the image is crippled with some noise and completely frozen. Only thing I
can do, from the machine in question, is to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and it'll reboot
just like I was still in the console.

Disabling DRM support makes this problem go away and allows me to properly
switch between console and X. I don't know if this is the right place but sounds
like something the DRM people should know of. Feel free to ask for any
configuration details.

Regards,

                Paulo Andre'