Re: Debian boot-flopppies and 2.5.53 dont mix

From: romieu@fr.zoreil.com
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 19:38:34 EST

Ro0tSiEgE <lkml@ro0tsiege.org> :
> Come on man, I'm not being lame. It IS a real bug but no one will tell me
> why, or how to fix it.

initrd on 2.5.53 behaves fine here, see:
http://www.fr.zoreil.com/2.5.53/misc/dmesg.
There's probably more than needed in the command line. Build options are at:
http://www.fr.zoreil.com/2.5.53/misc/config.
I have used module-init-tools-0.9.6. Tarball available under:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/

You are supposed to do a bit of homework:
- provide specific problem reports (Documentation/serial-console.txt should
  be a lifesaver as you seem to have several computers);
- search the mailing-list archive for current issues;
- read the mailing-list FAQ for general issues (see bottom of messages).

Go read Arnaldo's mail, for real this time. It's Christmas/end of year/
deadline/whatever/ for people on l-k too. Ok ?

Thank you for your attention.

--
Ueimor