Re: holy grail

From: Ingo Oeser (ingo.oeser@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 02:37:55 EST

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 11:21:42PM -0800, Anomalous Force wrote:
[hot swapping the kernel]
> yes, it would be extremely difficult. but, as with all fields of
> endevour, a holy grail is only such because it is. the question
> remains, is this do-able? perhaps not now, or in two years, but
> what about five? say, kernel 3.x.x or even 4.x.x?

I would just say: Start it yourself and see how hard it is. i

You might find contributors and even sponsors, while you actually
work on it. There certainly is a market for this feature, because
there are OSes support this. Would be nice, if Linux could crack
into this market, too.

So happy hacking and good luck!

Regards

Ingo Oeser

--
Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else. --- D.E.Knuth