Trying to get Linux to recognize PCI serial ports

From: Linux Kernel Developer (linux_developer@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 08:00:13 EST

Hi all,

    I've been trying to get my system to recognize my new CompUSA PCI serial
ports. The serial ports are part of a multiport 2 serial/1 parallel PCI I/O
card based on the Nm9835CV chipset. According from what I have read in the
archives and in the kernel source these ports should be supported by the
latest kernel. (I'm running 2.4.20) I've tried both serial.o and
parport_serial.o drivers. Neither seam to recognize and configure my serial
ports. I've searched google and the linux kernel mailing list archives to
no avail. Can anyone give my any information on how I could configure these
ports? Thank you.

PS.

    I've attached my dmesg and lspci output for this device.

Thanks for any help.