Re: GPL and Nvidia

From: Jon Portnoy (portnoy@tellink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 18:40:04 EST

Freedom is something that has to be perpetuated and guaranteed, which is
what the GPL does. The BSD approach is this: "We're offering you this free
(as in freedom) software which you can then use and redistribute as
proprietary software as long as we get credit."

This is like drawing up a constitution for a new country that says "We
give you these rights and the power to totally eliminate them."