Re: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?

From: Daniel Egger (degger@fhm.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 08:53:37 EST

Am Fre, 2003-01-03 um 18.45 schrieb Andre Hedrick:

> Thanks! Look how much I have given away, gee it is nothing.
> Only 80% or more of all IDE chipsets, I personally wrote.
> I am not allowed to make money to feed my family, pay from the cost of
> membership to standards, pay for the cost of joining working groups for
> new technology, pay for the cost of travel to the fore mentioned.

Please don't jump on this train. Actually you're bitching about people
whining; instead you should give people the possibility to pay you for
your *really nice* (though a bit cryptic at times :)) work.

Ok, I'd like to make a start: I'd like to donate, say ¤20 for now, do
you cash credit cards?

--
Servus,
       Daniel