Re: 2.5.54-mm3

From: uaca@alumni.uv.es
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 16:17:10 EST

Thanks for your reply

        Ulisses

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 12:38:16PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> uaca@alumni.uv.es wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 01:00:38AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > >
> > > http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/2.5/2.5.54/2.5.54-mm3/
> >
> > It seems to me that the patch you pointed here doesn't include the latency
> > instrumentation.
>
> No, it doesn't. You can monitor the latency using realfeel or realfeel2
> from http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/amlat.tar.gz
>
> But that won't tell you _why_ large latencies are occurring. For that,
> you'll need to apply
> http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/2.5/2.5.54/2.5.54-mm3/experimental/rtc-debug.patch
> and run `amlat'. This combination will spit out stack backtraces whenever
> there is a 2 millisecond scheduling overrun.
>
> > Where it is the needed instrumentation to meassure it?
> >
> > In http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/ the are no timepeg/intlat patches for
> > 2.5...
>
> That's not suitable for this work. intlat is OK for locating and
> measuring interrupts-off code paths. But it's a bit hard to drive.
> -

                Debian GNU/Linux: a dream come true
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso

---> Visita http://www.valux.org/ para saber acerca de la <--- ---> Asociación Valenciana de Usuarios de Linux <--- - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/