Re: Userspace Test Framework for module loader porting

From: David Mosberger (davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 14:38:20 EST

>>>>> On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:27:02 +1100, Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> said:

  Rusty> BTW, the change to use shared objects for modules is going to
  Rusty> be a 2.7 thing: after 10 architectures, MIPS toolchain issues
  Rusty> made it non-trivial. So the current stuff is what is going
  Rusty> to be there for 2.6, so no point waiting 8)

What about all the problems that Richard Henderson pointed out with
the original in-kernel module loader? Were those solved? My gut
feeling is that we really want shared objects for kernel modules on
ia64 (and probably alpha?).

        --david