Re: Linux iSCSI Initiator, OpenSource (fwd) (Re: Gauntlet Set NOW!)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 03:41:21 EST

On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 05:14:41 -0300, Werner Almesberger said:

> ... or figure out which combination of RFCs, I-Ds, and ad hoc genius
> makes up Linux TCP, yes ;-)

That's the easy part. :) You then get to take a cross-product of that and
its interactions with whatever combination of RFC/I-D/ad-crockery are in
the 4 different Solaris releases, the 2 or 3 AIX releases, the Tru64 releases,
the myriad different Microsoft-based servers - and that's just the 10K square
feet in our machine room. A lot of our gear keeps trying to talk to the
outside world, where ALL bets are off. ;)

Does anybody think it would be worthwhile to collate a document of which
RFCs/I-Ds are supported, and to what extent (the MUST/SHOULD/MAY stuff)?
Or is there one already and my 3:30AM search for same is missing it? ;)

/Valdis