Re: XFree86 vs. 2.5.54 - reboot

From: Bob_Trac (rct@gherkin.frus.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 00:17:56 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
> Perhaps you should try disabling
> various DRM/AGP type things in config, see if that helps.

All the DRM/AGP stuff was configured as modules, and none of them
were loaded prior to running "startx". If disabling them entirely
is different from not loading them, I'll be happy to give that a try.

> If not, it would
> help if you could identify the kernel version at which the failure started
> to occur.

Wish I knew for certain... The 2.5 series got to be unusable from my
perspective somewhere in the 2.5.50 timeframe. 2.5.51 may have worked:
that was the last 2.5 kernel I built prior to 2.5.54. I didn't run it
as a "production" kernel either because of the X11 problem, or because
the ALSA emu10k1 driver was broken (the latter is fine in 2.5.54 as far
as I can tell).

2.5.55 is out. Maybe I should give that a try.