2.5.x inspiron touchpad breakage

From: Andres Salomon (dilinger@voxel.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 03:27:54 EST

2.5.54 and 2.5.55 do not appear to initialize the touchpad on my Dell
Inspiron 3800. No mouse device is detected until I plug a normal ps/2
mouse into the laptop. I assume this is some weird bios thing. 2.4.x
works fine with it. Does anyone have suggestions about where to look for
any changed in the 2.5 series that might've broken it, or any patches that
fix it?