Re: 2.5.x inspiron touchpad breakage

From: Andrew McGregor (andrew@indranet.co.nz)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 08:43:57 EST

Works for me on an Inspiron 8000. The trackpoint does not, which is a
known bug. Of course, the 3800 might be different...

Have you been bitten by the input layer configuration issue? Here's what I
have:

#
# Input device support
#
CONFIG_INPUT=y

#
# Userland interfaces
#
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y

#
# Input Device Drivers
#
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y

Andrew

--On Thursday, January 09, 2003 03:27:54 -0500 Andres Salomon