Re: UnitedLinux violating GPL?

From: Tom Sightler (ttsig@tuxyturvy.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 18:00:23 EST

> Anybody know where the source rpm for UnitedLinux kernel is?
> [to be distinguished from kernel-source rpm]

Not a source RPM but you can get the source and patches in a tarball at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mantel/next/ those tarballs are what are used
to build the RPMS in that directory and all but certain those RPMS are the
same as the ones recently released for testing to
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/commercial/Oracle/sles-8/kern
el/

> AFAICS they are not distributing source code to their published kernel
> binaries... which is a very obvious GPL violation.

I think the above will get you there and if not I'm sure they will provide
the source if asked (which I think meets the letter of the law in the GPL).
Perhaps they just haven't got them posted in a more obvious location yet.

Later,
Tom