Re: UnitedLinux violating GPL?

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 20:22:43 EST

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 05:46:16PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 04:45:34PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> >

> > Jeff,
> >
> > They only have to provide it if someone asks for it. I suggest sending them
> > a request asking for it to be disclosed and copy LKML on the request.
>
> I had hoped that a member in good standing of the Linux community would
> not put such roadblocks in place. :(

Jeff,

I do not understand what this means. Just because they did not volunteer it
does not imply some sort of conspiracy. There are a lot of patches I make
locally for my work, but I don't just throw everyone of them out to the
whole planet since a lot of them would probably get rejected, and most folks
probably could care less. At any rate, I was not being an obstructist
or anything. Perhaps they overlooked it or perhaps it's available
somewhere else. Simplest approach is always the best -- just ask them
and post to LKML so they know other folks are probably interested.

Some of the patches I;ve made to Alan's code I am certain he would look
at and say something like "well there's goes Jeff again smoking his
pipe" or something -- but of course only in the nicest sort of way.

:-)

Jeff