Re: 2.4.20, .text.lock.swap cpu usage? (ibm x440)

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 23:19:18 EST

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 10:08:55PM -0600, Brian Tinsley wrote:
> It would!
> I cannot say thanks enough for the efforts of you and everyone else out
> there. Frankly, I would not have my day job and would not have been able
> to make Emageon what it is today were it not for you all!
> Oh, please excuse the stupid humor tonight. I'm in a giddy mood for some
> reason. Must be the excitement from the prospect of getting resolution
> to this problem!

We're straying from the subject here. Please describe your machine,
in terms of how many cpus it has and how much highmem it has, and
your workload, so I can better determine the issue. Perhaps we can
cooperatively devise something that works well for you.

Or perhaps the kernel version is not up-to-date. Please also provide
the precise kernel version (and included patches). And workload too.

Thanks,
Bill