Linux KERNEL mailinglist!

From: Jan Harkes (jaharkes@cs.cmu.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 10:36:03 EST

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 06:13:07PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> The GNU system, with Linux added, had a great deal of success, but
> attributing that success entirely to Linux is a misinterpretation of
> the events.

Can we please end this discussion.

Go harass cygwin users that they should call their systems GNU/Windows.
Or the FreeBSD/NetBSD guys that use a gcc compiler. I ran some FSF tools
on my Amiga, does that make it a GNU/Amiga? Same for the guy who got gcc
on 20 floppies for his GNU/Atari ST. How about all those Solaris and
Irix systems where administrators installed GNU tools in /usr/local
(GNU/Solaris and GNU/Irix?).

This mailinglist is about the linux _kernel_, there must be more
apropriate lists for this (/dev/null comes to mind).

Jan