Re: Kernel Oops with HIMEM+VM in 2.4.19,20

From: Anthony Lau (anthony@greyweasel.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 13:02:10 EST

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:08:39AM +0200, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> On 10 January 2003 10:37, Anthony Lau wrote:
> > Hello,

[snip]

> You mean when your system starts to swap? Details?
> (How much/how heavy it swaps before oops? vmstat output?)

With very little swapping and <10MB of VM in use as reported by
the "free" command (Debian SID).
Next time I get an oops I will get the vmstat output.

[snip]

> Kernel version and .config?
> Arrange klogd to be started with -x. Process oopses with ksymoops.

I have tried vanilla 2.4.19+HTB2 patch and vanilla 2.4.20.
I have setup klogd with -x now and await the next oops.

Thanks for the list of VM people. They were not obviously listed
in the MAINTAINER file that came with the kernel sources.

--
Anthony