Re: Using lilo to boot off any drive ...

From: Manish Lachwani (m_lachwani@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 16:39:28 EST

Richard,

Thanks for the response.

Even if I can get the map information using the INT
0x13h disk interrupt, I would still need some way of
knowing if sda has indeed failed.

What I am thinking of if it is possible to make the
"boot" option in lilo.conf variable. Or better,
introduce a serial# option and the serial# can be
scanned for on startup. Or make use of a lun# option.

I was also thinking if BIOS id's for the disks can be
used here. Are BIOS id's assigned for all drives?

Thanks
Manish

--- "Richard B. Johnson" <root@chaos.analogic.com>