Re: some curiosities on the filesystems layout in kernel config

From: Joshua M. Kwan (joshk@ludicrus.ath.cx)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 01:59:21 EST

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 01:00:40AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> 1) where is the USMDOS selection that's listed in the Kconfig file?
> it doesn't appear in the menu

I think you have to select DOS filesystem first and MSDOS fs support,
then it shows up.

> 2) shouldn't ext3 depend on ext2?

It doesn't currently, but it should.
Patch to 2.4.20 vanilla is attached, it should apply with some fuzz to
patched trees such as -ac and -ck. (I also renamed Second extended fs to
Ext2, a pet peeve of mine..)

> 3) currently, since quotas are only supported for ext2, ext3 and
> reiserfs, shouldn't quotas depend on at least one of those
> being selected?

Not sure whether this is true, I'm not quite sure.
And plus I don't know enough about Config.ins to write that into the
patch (Is it even possible in 2.4's Kconfig?)

Regards
Josh