Re: any chance of 2.6.0-test*?

From: David Truog (lkml@fienx.net)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 13:02:31 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
>> I've looked into this, and wow, it's not a simple
fix :(

>> But this is really the first it's been mentioned, I
can't see holding up
>> 2.6 for this. It's a 2.7 job at the earliest,
unless someone wants to
>> step up and do it right now...
>
>2.5.x crashes erratically and randomly under high
tty/pty load. At the
>moment I'm assuming this is the tty code. That means
we can't decide not
>to fix it since its already fatally broken.

Is there a list of things broken and "homeless"? I
have seen a number of
people say (and do) fix things when they are
specificaly pointed out as
being broken. if a list doesn't exist, could linus or
alan post one
somewhere? like the LKML maintainers list backwards.

just a thought

David Truog