Re: any chance of 2.6.0-test*?

From: David Ford (david+cert@blue-labs.org)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 15:20:31 EST

Gotos aren't the root of code evil. Poor design style is and poor
preparation is the root of spaghetti code. Use the right tool for the
job which includes 'goto'. Every teacher that I've met who has an
objection to the use of gotos has been quite naive, often recommends
avoiding pointers, frequently suggests you restrict your strings to 255
characters or less, etc, etc. The oddball extras vary from teacher to
teacher, but the overall impression of the teacher makes me want to
avoid them even with that 10 foot pole.

It's not the fault of the student for being taught wrong, but it is the
fault of the student for ignoring possibile variances of others.
Particularly the "worldly wise"; people who actually write code for the
real world v.s. lectures.

David