Re: [BUG FIX] e100 initialization issue on STL2 motherboard

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 01:01:30 EST

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:51:55PM +0800, Louis Zhuang wrote:
> The patch will increase waiting time in SCB initialization. It will
> resolve the issue on STL2 motherboard. Pls apply.

Sorry, not applied.

I was kinda hoping Scott would fix that up. It is a verified problem
(SMBus timeout, IIRC?), and this does indeed fix the problem.

However one should not udelay() that long -- especially in this case.
Since it is during init, sleep using schedule_timeout() for as long as
you want...

> begin 664 bkpatch4832

Please do not bother with sending BK patches like this. Either send
just the diff, as you did (thanks), or in addition send a URL from which
I may issue

        bk pull $url

Regards,

        Jeff