RE: [NFS] Re: broken umount -f

From: Lever, Charles (Charles.Lever@netapp.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 10:56:12 EST

"umount -f" doesn't end pending RPCs. if there are processes
with pending RPCs, then they are stuck and you will have to
reboot. "intr" may allow some of these processes to be killed
before trying the "umount."

however, if there are no outstanding RPCs on the client, but
the server is not available, umount -f works as advertised.